Private Healthcare at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
Across our five hospitals and the community we provide the vast majority of NHS treatments ranging from maternity services to care of the elderly. We provide services to Sheffield and South Yorkshire but also specialist services to all parts of the UK. We are one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the United Kingdom, with a national and international reputation for service excellence, education and research.
In addition to NHS care, we also offer a range of treatments privately from a variety of locations. Although we are not a 'private hospital', there are many benefits to having your private treatment provided by Sheffield Teaching Hospitals such as:
- Having the resources and staff of a large and multi-skilled NHS Foundation Trust immediately behind you gives you peace of mind and confidence in your private care
- We have unique clinical skills, expertise and infrastructure which cannot be replicated in private hospitals (e.g. state of the art equipment and new facilities)
- In the unlikely event that something goes wrong during your treatment, we have everything here we need to treat you (e.g. A&E, critical care)
- All your private care is provided seamlessly in the same institution
- All profits from private healthcare provided by Sheffield Teaching Hospitals are invested into our NHS services, improving healthcare for everyone.
Wherever possible we will provide your private care using facilities that are separated from NHS services. For some services however, this is not clinically desirable. Certain procedures or investigations requiring specific clinical expertise, or the use of highly specialist equipment, are best performed using staff or equipment shared by all patients, such as specialist intensive care, imaging and emergency backup.
If you wish to be treated as a private patient at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, please contact our Private Healthcare Team by telephone on 0114 226 6065 or e-mail email@example.com for further information and details of costs.
Payment must be made in full prior to receiving private treatment, unless your treatment is going to be covered by medical insurance, in these circumstances we will require an authorisation reference from them in advance. The Trust accepts the following forms of payment:
- Credit/Debit Card (excluding AMEX)
- Bank transfer
- Cheque (only if submitted and cleared in advance of treatment)
When you pay you will be provided with a receipt for your records.