Sheffield Teaching Hospitals provides a automated service to confirm your upcoming outpatient appointment.
This will also help us to reduce the number of hospital appointments
wasted because patients do not turn up. If these appointments had been re-used then the hospital would have almost no
After listening to the views of patients, this is how the system will
- If we have a mobile number for you, the automatic system will try this number every 1½ hours from 9.30am - 5pm until it receives an
- If it hasn’t received an answer it will then try your landline every 45
minutes between 6.00pm - 8.15pm. If still no reply it will finally send you a text message asking you to contact the hospital to confirm you still wish to attend your appointment.
- If we don’t have a mobile number for you, the automatic system will call your landline every 1½ hours from 9.30am - 5pm until it receives an answer. If it doesn’t get an answer it will then try again every 45 minutes from 6pm - 8.15pm.
- As soon as you answer the call you will be asked to confi rm your name. Answer yes or press the appropriate key on the keypad, the system will then confirm the location date and time of your appointment, it will then ask if you plan on attending the appointment. Please answer yes or no.
- If you answer yes the system will repeat your response and thank you.
If you answer no it will ask if you would like to cancel or rebook the
appointment, if you wish to rebook the system will say the hospital
will be in contact to rearrange the appointment.