Charles Clifford Dental Hospital
Charles Clifford Dental Hospital was opened in 1953 to provide specialist dental services for people in Sheffield and the surrounding districts.
In 1966 the hospital was extended and has recently undergone a redevelopment programme. It is a dental teaching hospital linked to the University School of Clinical Dentistry, which has an intake of 80 undergraduate dentists and 30 hygienists and therapists each year. It is currently expanding its postgraduate and research activities.
The Dental Hospital is next to the Royal Hallamshire Hospital as well as being within the University campus. It incorporates the Schools of Dental Hygiene, Dental Therapy and Dental Technology, and provides training for Dental Nurses.