The Sheffield Department of Paediatric Neurosurgery is based at the Sheffield Children’s Hospital and works closely with the Neurosurgical Department at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital. It serves the population of Sheffield and South Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Derbyshire.
Children are cared for by a multidisciplinary team on surgical and rehabilitation wards, intensive care and a neonatal unit. Where possible, minimal invasive techniques are used and there is an emphasis on diminishing the trauma of surgery including not shaving the hair and the use of absorbable sutures.
Specialist Outpatient Clinics
- Paediatric Neurosurgical Clinic (weekly)
- Oncology Clinic for children with tumours of the central nervous system (monthly)
- Spasticity and Dystonia Clinic (monthly)
- Epilepsy Clinic (monthly)
- Combined Neurological and Urological Clinic for the care of patients with
- Spina Bifida, Syringomyelia and Achondroplasia (monthly)
- Ante-natal Counselling Service for parents where a central nervous system abnormality is suspected (monthly)
Mr H Zaki, Consultant Neurosurgeon, Department of Paediatric Neurosurgery, Sheffield Children’s Hospital
Tel 0114 2717545