The department of clinical neurophysiology is staffed by neurophysiology consultants and clinical physiologists who specialise in tests for a range of Neurological disorders. We also have secretarial staff who arrange appointments and send results out.
We provide a service for adult and paediatric patients from Sheffield, Rotherham, Chesterfield, Doncaster, Barnsley and Worksop. Most investigations are performed at the request of hospital consultants.
However, G.P.’s have direct access the Nerve Conduction Service for upper limb entrapment neuropathies (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Ulnar Nerve Lesions).
Our services include:
- Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS)
- NCS and electromyography (EMG)
- Quantitative Sensory Testing (QST)
- Electroencephalography (EEG) - sleep deprived, portable, Wada
- Long term EEG monitoring - ambulatory EEGs and in-patient video-telemetry EEGs
- Evoked Potentials - visual (VEP), auditory(BAEP), somatosensory (SSEP), electro-retinograms (ERG) and magnetic stimulation for central motor conduction.
- Sleep Investigations – polysomnography, multiple sleep latency test, actigraphy
A range of other pre-operative and intraoperative techniques are also provided.
We are located on N floor in the tower block where you will find our reception desk. We have a satellite department at Sheffield Children’s Hospital
|Dr Rosalind Kandler||Consultant Neurophysiologist||0114 27 12219|
|Dr Arup Chattopadhyay||Consultant Neurophysiologist||0114 27 12526|
|Dr Ganesh Rao||Consultant Neurophysiologist||0114 27 12184|
|Dr Ptolemy Sarrigiannis||Consultant Neurophysiologist||0114 27 12329|
|Dr Athi Ponnusamy||Consultant Neurophysiologist||0114 22 61401|
|Dr Alex Barker||Consultant Neurophysiologist||0114 27 12329|
Department of Neurophysiology, N floor Royal Hallamshire Hospital Glossop Road
Tel: 0114 271 3237
Fax: 0114 276 8611